The farm was started in the 1850's and is truly a magical place....the 35 acres or so was planted with conventional Corn/Soybean for decades. We transitioned it to hay after we bought the farm in 2016, and would like to start transitioning it to Silvopasture/Agroforestry and/or organic vegetables/orchard. This is in many ways a "blank slate" and we are offering a unique opportunity to partner with us as the farm operations manager.
We will provide:
- Housing if needed
- The capital to invest in the farm
- Annual salary to the right person/partner
- Potential for transfering land to build your own place, in the future.
Together we will:
- Design and develop the business plan to make it happen
- Prove out that with the right model, we can profitably build an organic/silvopasture business model
- Share in the profit
- Share the similar vision and passion for making it successful
- Be the day to day operator of the farm and business
- Committted to the short and long-term success of the farm and the business.